What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- When you visit our site we do collect some non-identifying basic information. This includes number of visitors to our site, total pages viewed, and other non-identifying information. We use this non-identifying information to improve our communications with you.
- All donations made on-line to us are secure. When you make a donation on-line, we ask for your name, address, daytime phone, e-mail address, and credit card information. We use your information to process your donation(s) and to verify credit card data. We use your mailing address to send your tax-deductible receipt(s) and to keep you informed about our program.
- Agros will discontinue contacting any person upon that person’s oral or written request directed to Agros.
- To allow you to keep the items in your basket, as you pass through the catalog, we utilize “cookies,” which store your order information in your web browser. The order “cookies” we use are only used to process your order.
- We do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child without the consent of the child’s parent(s). Children under the age of 13 should obtain parental consent before ordering from our site.
Do we share your information?
- We do not share your personal information with any third party. It is our policy not to sell, trade, or rent your personal information to anyone. We reserve the right to change our policy at any time. If we choose to change our policy, you will be given the option to remove your name from our database.
- Our site has public forums such as message boards. We may use the information posted on the message board in our marketing efforts. Please remember that any information disclosed on these areas becomes public information that may be used by outside parties who do not need our consent. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information.
- We use a third-party financial institution to process our credit card transactions. They receive the credit card number and other personal information of our donors only to verify credit card numbers and to process credit card transactions in a secure environment.
How do we provide a secure environment for on-line transactions?
- Agros uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) online technology, which encrypts the data you provide. This means that sensitive information, such as your credit card number, becomes unreadable to anyone who wrongly intercepts the information. SSL is supported by all major Web browsers, including Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Netscape Navigator. The site becomes locked while you are giving us your credit card information and unlocks only when you leave the secured area. To know when you are going to a secure area of a website, you can set your browser to notify you. (If you are using Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, and scroll down to the section called Security. Then check the box that says “Warn if changing between Secure and not Secure mode.”) Other ways to know if you are in a secure mode is to look for a gold key or a gold padlock in the bottom right-hand corner of your browser window. Also, when you are in a secure area, the address bar at the top of your window will indicate “https” as opposed to “http.”
- Our on-line credit card verification system is handled by a third party, which collects your name, address, phone, credit card number and expiration date in order to process your transaction. Their encryption technology offers the highest level of security available on the Internet today. They have state-of-the-art firewalls and other security technology in place to insure the confidentiality of your transactions.